About Us

The mission of the Arkansas Affiliate of Susan G. Komen is to provide funding for breast health services, breast cancer education and outreach in our 68 out of the 75 counties in Arkansas.  Arkansas has the 6th highest breast cancer death rate in the nation.  While cancer affects all groups of people, the burden of the disease is not distributed equally among groups.  There is a 2 to 1 disparity rate among the African-American population in Arkansas.

Through events like the Komen Arkansas MORE THAN PINK Walk, Runway for the Cure, Texarkana’s Race for the Cure and NE Arkansas Race for the Cure, Komen Arkansas invests 75 percent of the funds raised to support vital local breast health services, and dedicates the remaining 25 percent to national research to find the cures.