- About Breast Cancer
- Community Impact
- Community Grants Information
- How to Apply for Community Grants
- Research Programs
- Health Fairs | Speaker Requests
- Get Involved
- Komen Arkansas Events
- Events Calendar
- Northeast AR Race
- Runway for the Cure
- Texarkana Race for the Cure
- Central Arkansas MORE THAN PINK Walk
Pink Tie Guys
2020 Pink Tie Guy Nominations are open. Applications will be posted soon. If you would like to nominate an applicant, please email Stacy Wilson, email@example.com
Congratulations to our 2019 Pink Tie Guys
Michael Davenport Brand
Bobby Kakati, M.D.
Edward Love, M.D.
Mayor Frank Scott, Jr.
Brian Owens, M.D.
Do you know an individual that has what it takes to be a PINK TIE GUY?
These men exemplify the mantra “real men wear pink” because they know that pink is a symbol of hope, courage and strength.
Susan G. Komen Arkansas is proud to continue its initiative aimed at engaging men in the breast cancer movement and giving a male voice to the urgency of finding a cure.
Why? Because breast cancer affects 1 in 8 women and 1 in 1,000 men in their lifetime. Arkansas has the sixth highest incidence of breast cancer of all the states. Worse still, Arkansas has the 3rd highest mortality of breast cancer in late stages of the disease. The Pink Tie Guys can make a powerful statement of importance of early detection to save lives.
Who? Pink Tie Guys are leaders who honor those touched by breast cancer and will help mobilize, energize and engage others in the KO-MEN promise to save lives and end breast cancer forever.
What? Pink Tie Guys pledge to make a difference by wearing their signature pink Komen tie and sparking conversations about breast health, breast cancer disparities and the power to affect change.
Where? The Pink Tie Guys live and work within the Arkansas Affiliate Service area: 68 of the 75 counties in Arkansas, excluding the extreme Northwest part of the state.
How? Each Pink Tie Guy is asked to make the following commitment:
1) Serve as an ambassador of Komen Arkansas by wearing a signature pink Komen tie and speaking out about the importance of early detection and breast self-awareness.
2) Attend the Runway for the Cure Luncheon, September 5, 2019 at the Clear Channel Metroplex in Little Rock, and be introduced as a Pink Tie Guys on stage.
3) Support Komen Arkansas with a minimum of $1500 gift.
In appreciation for the commitment, PINK TIE GUYS will receive the following:
1) A signature pink Komen tie
2) One complimentary table of 10 at the Runway for the Cure, September 5, 2019
3) Highlight in the Komen Arkansas Social Media
4) Recognized in event press release and other publications
Do you have what it takes to be a PINK TIE GUY? Do you know someone who would be a perfect PINK TIE GUY? Please call Kristin Trulock, Development Director at Komen Arkansas, 501.202.4397 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Application and Nomination for 2019 are now closed.