- About Breast Cancer
- Community Impact
- Get Involved
2020 Pink Tie Guys
**Special Announcement: Due to the COVID-19 impact, we will be rescheduling Runway for the Cure in Spring 2021. Stay Tuned for more details.
2020 Pink Tie Guy Nominations are Now Open! Click here for online application.
Pink Tie Guys Applications and Nominations will close on TBD.
Pink Tie Delivery (new this year) will be TBD. Our Runway committee and lovely models will hand deliver your tie to your place of employment to say thank you and congratulations on being a 2020 Pink Tie Guy.
Do you know an individual that has what it takes to be a PINK TIE GUY?
These men exemplify the mantra “real men wear pink” because they know that pink is a symbol of hope, courage and strength.
Susan G. Komen Arkansas is proud to continue its initiative aimed at engaging men in the breast cancer movement and giving a male voice to the urgency of finding a cure.
Why? Because breast cancer affects 1 in 8 women and 1 in 1,000 men in their lifetime. Arkansas has the sixth highest incidence of breast cancer of all the states. Worse still, Arkansas has the 6th highest mortality of breast cancer in late stages of the disease. The Pink Tie Guys can make a powerful statement of importance of early detection to save lives.
Who? Pink Tie Guys are leaders who honor those touched by breast cancer and will help mobilize, energize and engage others in the KO-MEN promise to save lives and end breast cancer forever.
What? Pink Tie Guys pledge to make a difference by wearing their signature pink Komen tie and sparking conversations about breast health, breast cancer disparities and the power to affect change.
Where? The Pink Tie Guys live and work within the Arkansas Affiliate Service area: 68 of the 75 counties in Arkansas.
How? Each Pink Tie Guy is asked to make the following commitment:
1) Serve as an ambassador of Komen Arkansas by wearing a signature pink Komen tie and speaking out about the importance of early detection and breast self-awareness.
2) Attend the Runway for the Cure Luncheon, September 3, 2019 at the Statehouse Convention Center, Wally Allen Ballroom in Little Rock, and be introduced as a Pink Tie Guys on stage as well as other duties during the luncheon.
3) Support Komen Arkansas with a minimum of $2,000 gift. Fundraising pages will be provided.
In appreciation for the commitment, PINK TIE GUYS will receive the following:
1) A signature pink Komen tie
2) One complimentary table of 10 at the Runway for the Cure, September 3, 2020
3) Highlight in the Komen Arkansas Social Media
4) Recognized in event press release and other publications
5) Opportunity to participate in Pink Tie Delivery Day on July 24, 2020.
Do you have what it takes to be a PINK TIE GUY? Do you know someone who would be a perfect PINK TIE GUY? Please call Kristin Trulock, Development Director at Komen Arkansas, 501.202.4397, email email@example.com or fill out online application here.
2018 Pink Tie Guys
Edward Love, M.D.
Dr. Thomas Sneed
2019 Pink Tie Guys
Michael Davenport Brand
Bobby Kakati, M.D.
Edward Love, M.D.
Mayor Frank Scott, Jr.
Brian Owens, M.D.
2018 Pink Tie Guys – Photo Courtesy of AY Magazine
2019 Pink Tie Guys – Photo Courtesy of AY Magazine